Friday, 2 September 2016

End of the holidays

Can't quite believe that what appeared to be endless weeks of summer school holidays are now about to end.

It has been quite a journey of emotions, turmoil, fun, trials and tribulations.

Tom is off to uni on the 14th September, the first to fly the nest. I hadn't thought it would feel this emotional but I am normal and I am feeling quite reflective. What a great sense of relief that your son has managed to obtain results that enable him to make choices and study his chosen subject. Then utter relief that all will be fine. Then the mummy concerns creep in; will he really be ok, will he settle in, will he be happy.

Four big things are looming large

In no particular order

Kickstarter
Uni for Tom
Planning appeal decision
New job opportunity for me

Bouncing into September with renewed optimism and of course the usual niggles of 'What If' - but then would I be normal if I wasn't wondering, thinking, worrying just a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment