Friday, 20 June 2014

Rather sheepish

It has been quite a week as you may have realised from my recent blog entries.

This morning as I was about to leave home for the office the phone rang. It was DH ( estranged husband!).

The conversation went like this;

"Hello Lxx speaking"
"Hi it's me!"
"Yes"
"Are you working today?"
"Yes"
"As you know I am moving house today and I've been trying to sort out the transferal of my Broadband and now I'm off line and my toggle isn't working either on my laptop"
"Ummmm"
"Could I come to your house and work, as I need to work from home until 12pm today and I've no internet!"

Wow that is quite a request. My head is whirring. Is this the man that instructed his solicitor to send me such a horrid letter earlier in the week, doesn't answer texts regarding the children and wont negotiate?!

I surprise myself. I even feel a little pity because actually he is moving and as usual he isn't organised and it's all a bit pathetic.

"Yes you can. I am leaving for work in ten minutes and you can work on the kitchen table"
"Thank you"

Then I couldn't resist the opportunity....

"But we do need to sort out our financial agreement soon it can't go on like this."

"Yes but we can't agree!"

"We have a sticking point and we need to talk / negotiate!"

So DH is working from home, my home and maybe just maybe we will talk soon and sort this stupid, ridiculous situation out.

I continue to hope and believe we will. I don't think there is God of Divorce, he would be extremely busy and how would he guide so many souls to make the right decision?



No comments:

Post a Comment