Friday, 20 June 2014

So this is Collaborative, apparently!

Seriously this is a letter I received Tuesday evening via email from my estranged husband's solicitor! Really helpful and well written, don't you think?

I am in the collaborative system so to receive this was absolutely unbelievable. Best bit when you sign up to Collaborative you aren't allowed to use any evidence produced during the collaborative process if then decide to go to court! It would therefore seem you can write really shitty letters to bully and intimidate in the knowledge they can't be used as evidence. Nice one Eileen!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our Ref
 
 
Your Ref
 
 
Our Email
 
 
Your Email
 
Mr   xxxxxx
Innovation Centre
University Road
Canterbury
Kent
CT2 7FG
 
 
 
 
Direct Dial
 
Web

 
 
 
17 June 2014
(Dictated: 13 June)

By e-mail

 

 

Dear Nxxxxx

 

Our names

 

I write further to the above matter and understand that Lxxxx and DH have spoken directly.

 

DH tells me that Lxxx has stated that she is not prepared to accept his proposals and that he had to be prepared to negotiate. Sounds reasonable?

 

DH and I would be most obliged if you could confirm Lxxx position and whether indeed her position is as communicated to DH.  If DH proposals are rejected, then both Lxx and DH will need to give some thought as to whether the collaborative process can proceed in any way, or whether they now need to instruct alternative solicitors to negotiate, and issue, proceedings on their behalf. That's funny earlier you mentioned I tried to Negotiate but that was wrong!

 

Further, if matters cannot be agreed, Neil will need to reduce the level of global maintenance to £xxxx ( £500 less than currently!) with effect from the payment due in July. Oh I see, don't do as we say and you'll financially penalise me?

 

I anticipate that all parties involved do want to resolve the issues, but regrettably, it may well be that an impasse has been reached which simply cannot be overcome. Well I am trying to negotiate without endless expensive and badly written letters from awful solicitors.

 

DH and I would welcome your earliest attention. I'm trying to find a resolution but you have both really pissed me off with this letter!

 

Yours sincerely

 

 

A TRULY CRAP SOLICITOR!

For and on behalf of GX & CX

No comments:

Post a Comment